HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Springtime on Mars

Hurray! I am officially a "Cover Artist!" I created the cover for Susan Woodring's newest book of exciting short stories called Springtime on Mars. The book can be pre-ordered and will be out in May. The publisher, author, and editor were so wonderful to work with. I learned so much! The publishing company, Press 53, describes the book...


"Ranging from the 1950’s to present time, the stories of Springtime on Mars feature characters who grapple with the human extremes of despair and hope, holding faith in both God and science, and in the love and courage of those around them."


I used a photo of the author's mother, and put her "on Mars." I used a combination of different red glitter, and lots of fun brushes to create the look. I used "Drop Shadows" on my photoshop to make her "pop" on the page. It was so much fun to do! I can't wait to see it on the shelves this spring...