HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Friday, February 1, 2008

Soldering Swap

I am so lucky to be involved in a fabulous soldering swap this month with some very talented Flickr friends. We soldered 7 charms and are sending one to each participant. I can't wait to get mine in the mail! Here are the soldered charms I made for my friends Carol, Tina, Layla, Dede, Teresa, Britt, and Dale!! I decided to use beveled glass this time and I used all vintage photos. I played with the photos on my photoshop first. I tied each charm with a vintage ribbon that I found when I was at the International Quilt Festival. Thanks to contributors of the flickr group "Collage Images" for several of the vintage images. Swaps are so much fun!
***********************
OOH...another fabulous book is out....Altered Art Projects by Jill Haglund, and I really love it! There are so many great projects and ideas in it...all in an altered vintage shabby style.
I enjoyed seeing work from my friend Deb Trotter in it! ,"Ride that Art Pub Pony!"