HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Glitter, Beads, Pearls and More!

It's that time of year...time to think of something fun to give to fellow teachers at my school. Last year I filled mason jars with a minty hand scrub mix. This year I tried my hand at filling clear ornaments with a birdie scene. Thanks to Somerset Life for the inspiration, and my friends Donna of Under the Red Roof and Lori of Vintage Flair. What fun!

I cut out digital birds and gave them glass glitter eyes. I filled the bottom with shredded vintage early readers and little glitter balls. I tied a bit of tiger tail beading string through a hole in the bird and let the bird hang down. I decorated the top with diamond glaze and glass glitter.

Here they are, all the birdies waiting for a home!
Now time to top them off with a bit of lace, and figure out a way to wrap them up....

A few other huge ornaments I did for friends...I put their childhood photo inside.

Now for a totally new project! I made these stretchy vintage inspired rings last weekend. After I made one, I had to make ten more! After wearing mine the first day, I got lots of compliments and actually sold one off my finger...how funny! They are fun to stack on top of each other.

My friend Sandy of My Lulabelles and I did a swap recently. Look at the goodies I just got!!
Cutie Pink Elephant...gotta love her!
Now WHERE do I start? I have enough goodies to play with for a little while! Thanks so much Sandy!