HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Friday, June 22, 2007

Too Many Totes!

I just made these fun bags last week using all vintage inspired material from Jo Ann's. Most are by Christopher Lowell. I wonder what he would think of his designer fabric made into bags??? I made tiny little evening style bags and every size in between.
I am taking the huge gold tote with the brown flower to Arizona when I visit my Flickr art buddy Lilia this weekend (WHOOHOO!!) I lined it with brown heavy taffeta, so it's pretty strong! I can put lots of purchases in it!! The light blue bag was the only one made with a real "pattern." It was the most difficult to me, since I really don't sew. All of the others were made by folding over fabric, like making a pillow. I made the straps really thick so they'd be sturdy.