HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Southern Style Brunch

Recently I gave a retirement brunch for a dear friend of mine. We had such a great time talking and laughing throughout the morning!



 I think the theme of my meal was "Southern Traditional" with a twist!

Menu:
Egg and Hash Brown Bake
Sliced Baked Salami
Bagels and Lox/Cream Cheese Spread
Individual Fruit Cups
Traditional Monkey Bread

I made a simple Peach and Prosecco Punch (We were all adults!)...
1 Bottle Proseccco 
1/2 Liter Gingerale
1 Frozen ring of Peach Nectar (made ahead of time in a bundt pan)
Slices of Peaches

Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl. Take frozen peach nectar ring out of bundt pan by tapping and wrapping a warm wet towel around pan. 

I love making something special for my guests to take home with them. This time I made brown sugar vanilla scrub. Here's my recipe:

1C Brown Sugar
1C White Sugar
1/2 C Coconut Oil (Trader Joe's)
2 Tbs Vanilla
1/2 C Caress Body Soap "Vanilla Kiss"

Spray-paint the lids of mason jars. Fill the jars with scrub. Wrap muslin around the jar and add a bit of sparkle in the middle with a glitter 3D sticker.