HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Great Friend and Artist

This is my sweet and very talented friend, Tina (Glue on my fingers, Paint in my hair). She helped create the fabulous Paper Cowgirl, an amazing retreat here in Texas each summer. She and I emailed back and forth many times and spoke on the phone before I finally got to meet her in person at Paper Cowgirl. She even asked me to teach a class there last year. I was so honored.

My friend Tina passed away early this morning. Tina was a wife, mother and young grandmother. She had a huge zest for life.
Tina had many talents. She was a soldering queen, (she taught me!), collage artist, faux finishing expert, and so much more. She made me laugh through our emails and in person. What a free-spirited happy girl. I have been lucky and blessed to have had Tina in my life.

Paper Cowgirl friends Cindy, Tina, and me...June '09.
Lisa and I had a wonderful time collecting artwork from around the country early this fall, and putting together this amazing book of friendship for Tina. SO many of her dear friends contributed.



We titled the book "The Power of Friendship." You can see the little banner at the right of my blog. The book turned out to be a huge support for Tina. She absolutely loved it and cherished it.
Tina will always be an inspiration to me.
Thank you for being my friend Tina...I will miss you.