HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Inspiration All Around!

Ah...springtime...

The weather in Texas has been absolutely gorgeous. I love having the temperature in the late 70's, early 80's, and dry!! I KNOW what is about to come....100+ degrees with high humidity, yuk! I wish it could stay like this forever! I really love riding in the car with the windows down and smelling the fresh air. I feel like creating something!!

I enjoy flipping through my favorite publications. I have subscriptions to all the Somerset Studio magazines and special editions, Cloth Paper Scissors, etc., and am the first to order the newest art books online. My stacks keep getting taller and taller!
I decided a while back to tear out pages that really "talk" to me, and put them in an "inspiration binder." Here are a few that I am about to insert...As usual, I've been digi crazy. I have a beautiful art studio in my home, with all of my goodies all around me, but I continue to head for the computer instead! What have I gotten myself into? One of my very favorite digi online stores, Christina Renee, has some new kits out, and they are fantastic! I think I now have everything in her line. Polka Dot Potato also has some amazing digi kits. They always have a great sale too. KB and Friends , Kathryn Balint, is a fantastic designer. I also use a lot of her goodies.

I have been organizing my digital kits so that I can find things easier. Sometimes I have things so scattered, I can't find a thing in my documents/pictures. BUT my art studio sure is tidy! ha! I now have my digital kits organized by designer. It's just easier for me to find what I want that way. I have a folder in "My Documents," labeled "Mendy's Digital Kits." Within that folder I have each designer and all of their kits. Within THAT folder, I have folders for alphabets, papers, and embellishments. I also have a folder for my digital brushes. Some of my favorite brushes were FREE, from Misprinted Type. I got that tip from my friend Danielle.
________________________________________
I am in a fun Kitchen Swap that my fellow Texan friend Tina organized. She has been so excited about her son coming home from Iraq in just a few days! I am so happy for her. My trade was with Jenn. Here is what I made for her kitchen. I didn't even use my computer...well maybe just a little bit. Hope she will enjoy it!!