HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Little This and That

Aren't these Pistachio and Tart Cherry Chocolate Candy packages SWEET? I found a great recipe in the December issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine, while I was at my parents' for Thanksgiving. My mom always has an issue of Good Housekeeping on the coffee table. I love reading it!

The recipe is easy and really delicious. Here is the official recipe from the magazine.
Here is the "Mendy" version:

You need these ingredients...
Melt two bags of dark good quality chocolate in the microwave until melted. Stir til smooth. Add 3/4 cup dried tart cherries and 3/4 cup pistachio nuts. You can add more if you like! Pour dark mixture into a large pyrex, lined with foil. Heat 1/2 package of the white chocolate until warm and smooth. Spoon the white chocolate over the dark chocolate in dots. Use the tip of a knife to swirl the white chocolate all around the dark chocolate mixture. See photo below.
Put pyrex in the frig for 3 hours or more. Pull the bar from the foil and break into pieces. I packaged mine and put all the packages in the freezer until I was ready to give them out. Keep a stash for yourself...try not to eat them all!
Have you seen these tiny glitter balls? I use them in many of my projects for holidays and year round. Got them half off at Hobby Lobby. They are perfect for embellishing a gift...Here are the little birdie ornaments for my teacher friends.
I used these ArtChix images for the gift tags.
One last ornament I made with a digi birdie and some dripping pearls...