HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Friday, January 25, 2008

Valentine's Day...Around the Corner!

New Blog Banner!! I created it using some of my favorite digi collections by Texas digital desinger, Christina Renee!
***********************
I used some photoshop goodies to make this fun invitation for a Valentine's Chocolate "Tornado" Party. I am hosting a chocolate tasting for my fellow Kindergarten teachers at my school.

Thanks to sassyarts on flickr for this fun image!
***********************

I am still drooling over each and every page of the newest Somerset Life Magazine. It is just incredible. I knew I knew I had to make 6 centerpieces for an event this weekend, so I immediately "borrowed" the most unique idea from Jenny Doh! She has an article in Somerset Studio called "The Magic of Crepe Paper." I kept on looking at it and hoping I could come up with centerpieces using her idea. I did! Here are three of my six "potted flowers." Like Jenny, I used pink crepe paper ovals and twisted them on to my "naked" branches. I used regular terracotta flower pots and painted them brown and gold. I pushed floral foam into the pots and shoved my branches in. I think I'll use them again when I host my "Valentine's" evening for my art group. I think I can keep them for a while until the branches fall apart. Jenny Doh said her original idea came from a high school coach who decorated the gym for dances! What an inspiration! Thank you Jenny!

I'll just keep using them until the branches disintegrate!

***********************
Something fun to find....Somerset Blogging! WOW! What a gathering of artists! Once again, I can't put this Somerset down! Check out pages 90-93 for my good friend Lori Oles' blog. It is amazing!