HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Holiday Treats!

I always like to make gifts for those I work with at school. I appreciate all that they do for me and for my class. I always try to think of something really unusual to give them. I stay away from the usual cookies, candies, etc., and try to do something really different.

This year I made a salt scrub for the ladies to use on their hands, face, and body. The scrub is a fresh smelling invigorating scrub that makes your skin feel like velvet! I tested it on myself, my husband, and boys. I digitally made the labels using one of my fav ArtChix girls. I made sure to have a warning on the label about staying away from eyes...salt, you know.
Here they are...
Want to know the "secret" recipe??? Here it is...shshshshshshshThat's right, only two ingredients. Coarse salt and fresh smelling green Aloe Vera Gel. That's it! Fill a large bowl with two boxes of the salt. Add 1 1/2 bottles of the Aloe Vera Gel and get your hands ready to start mixing!! Your entire kitchen will smell fresh and wonderful.
To decorate your mason jars, take the lids off of each jar. Paint with regular craft paints and use the heat gun to seal the paint. I added pink glitter to the wet paint before using the heat. When cooled, fill up each jar with the salt mixture and put lids back on tightly. Add a fun tag to each jar, naming your "product." Don't forget to give instructions and add your name! Add a piece of iridescent mesh ribbon and whalah! Hope they'll be a big hit!