Although I don't quilt, I'll never miss one of the most incredible shows of the year. At the International Quilt Festival in Houston, one can find new and vintage fabric, vintage embellishments and trims, and WAY too many odds and ends to keep your mouth watering for three days!! You surely don't need to be a quilter to have the shopping experience of your life! I only went for one day and I know I missed a lot. One of my favorite parts of the show is the Cloth Paper Scissors, "Make It University." There are classes galore, with all the latest techniques of the fab magazine. In addition, there's a large section of vintage flea market finds and the some of the most gorgeous trims you have ever seen!! Here are a few luscious things I purchased... ***********************
Other happenings this week....the Red and Green Parade between the two High Schools in my town! For the second time, the class float was created at my house...paint, papers, poles, and lots of teens making a big mess on my driveway. What Fun!! My son's "vintage" Bronco pulled the float down the street. My husband and younger son drove and I stood on the sidelines taking photos of course! The kids in the float all threw candy. The theme was "Put the Fear in the Caveliers..." Cute huh?
I've been TAGGED by Beelicious and Danni so here goes...
7 Random things about myself:
1. I am a native Texan...no plans of ever leaving my great state! I am a fourth generation Texan.
2. I like to put myself into many pots...teaching Kindergarten, sewing easy projects, soldering, scrapbooking, digital creating, canvas collage, keeping up with blog friends, flickr......all in one day!!
3. My pug is the spotlight of our family. We revolve around her.
4. I have a B.A. in Education at the University of Texas, and a minor in Home Economics.
5. I have naturally curly hair and I used to iron it on an ironing board in high school.
6. I collect trims, laces, fabric, paper, stamps, glitter, digital kits, vintage aprons, antiques, etc.
7. I have eaten an entire cake, a pan of brownies, and a pecan pie with a fork....not on the same day of course.
That's about it! Fun!!