HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fun Weekend Away!

I had a great weekend working on tons of fun projects at The Premier Estates Scrapbook
Retreat....in a tiny town called Wallis, TX!
http://www.premierestates.com/ I went with an old friend and her art group. In between working on projects, we did some antique shopping. I found my heaven in an old five and dime! The sweet lady who owned the store must have been in her 90's. She had an old cash register with the big crank that said, "chichingggg." She gave me some old patterns and must have thought I was a nut buying this stuff. I think I made her day!

Here are a few altered books that I finished. These 1960 hair nets were a steal at .50 each! I tossed the nets of course...although they WERE made from "real hair!"

I got my books from for pennies, and the pattern girl and papers were the freebies!
Something fun I made on the last day of the retreat! My "PLAY" banner!

(Pam Garrison inspired)